2018 Parent Survey Results
2018 Parent Survey Results Now Available
Thanks to all of our parents who completed the West Chester Area School District’s satisfaction survey at the end of the 2017-18 school year. Complete results can be found here.
- 93% are satisfied with school and district communications
- 86% believe the school is a safe place to learn
- 86% are satisfied with the experiences their child receives from the teacher
- 87% are comfortable raising a concern with a teacher
- 83% are comfortable raising a concern with an administrator
- 87% feel the school cultivates a positive climate
- 84% would recommend their child’s school to a friend from another district
- 87% of parents would like text message alerts as part of emergency notifications
Based on the survey feedback we received, and the comments of 90 or more made from parents on several topics, we will be focusing on several areas this year including:
- Continue to monitor the homework policy for consistent implementation.
- Focus on use of technology for instruction in the classrooms.
- Provide additional services to students for mental health and counseling services to address stress and anxiety.
- Provide additional workshops for parents about stress, anxiety and pressures being placed on children and families.
- Continue to improve safety and security at the schools.
- Add text message alerts to our protocol for emergency notifications to parents.
We are so glad your child is with us and look forward to providing an engaging and exciting learning experience. Thanks so much for all the feedback you provide us. Together, we can make learning fun and meaningful. All the best for a great year!
Dr. Jim Scanlon