Request for High School Elective Course GPA Inclusion
For the 2019-2020 academic year, elective courses that are weighted at the Career & College Prep level will be neutrally weighted. However, students may choose to include Career & College Prep level weighting for these specific elective courses in the calculation of their grade point average (GPA). Neutrally weighted elective courses can be found in the following subject areas:
- Career & College Prep level Art and Music courses
- Career & College Prep level Family & Consumer Science, Video Production, and Tech Ed. courses
- Career & College Prep level Business and Marketing courses academic level English, Science, and Social Studies elective courses
- Career & College Prep level 1 and 2 World Language courses
Notes to emphasize during course selection on "Request for Elective GPA Inclusion"
- All grades in courses (Neutrally Weighted or GPA Included) will be used to determine eligibility for honor roll, athletics and club participation.
- The term "Neutrally Weighted" will appear beneath the course title of all eligible courses.
- Credits and grades earned in neutrally weighted courses will appear on transcripts and be counted towards fulfilling any WCASD High School arts and humanities and/or elective graduation requirements.
Academic Quality Points Per Grade:
Grade Quality Points A+ = 97-100 4.2 A =93-96 4.0 A- =90-92 3.8 B+ =87-89 3.2 B =83-86 3.0 B- =80-82 2.8 C+ =77-79 2.2 C =73-76 2.0 C- =70-72 1.8