Our Goals in the Art Department are:
- To further develop the concepts and techniques introduced in elementary school.
- To develop interdisciplinary units for all grade levels.
- To develop critical and analytical skills.
- To provide comprehensive instructional experiences which will nurture the development of all students. Lessons will include a variety of media including clay, digital format design, and two-dimensional exploration using paint, watercolor, pastals, and pencil.
- To broaden students learning in art aesthetics and criticism. Socialization and behavioral skills are a necessary part of the middle school experience. Students, many with different learning styles, when invested in arts, develop greatly.