The NHS application has multiple stages
- Through GPA and discipline record, you are initially invited to join NHS
- Through the advisor/coach forms, you verify your involvement in a school activity and community service group.
- Through a formal letter, you state your intentions and motivations for joining NHS. Here, you may also include additional information that you believe makes you a strong candidate according to the NHS standards stated in the bylaws.
- Upon fulfilling the requirements above, you will be invited to join in the NHS induction ceremony, generally held in the Spring semester.
- You will receive information about how to order your NHS stole to be worn at induction and at commencement.
- You will take part in the induction ceremony in front of your family and become a member of NHS.
Please note that membership in NHS is by invitation only.
If you did not receive a letter of invitation and believe you should have, please see Mrs. Peracchia or Ms. Purnell-Bratcher.