The West Chester Area School District (WCASD) is committed to providing quality, accurate, and timely information to the community on a daily basis.
The WCASD’s Communications Office provides communications, marketing, public relations, and website support to the District’s schools, the Central Office, and associated organizations. The Communications Office proactively communicates information about the District, schools, students, School Board, staff, programs, initiatives, events, and accomplishments, among other information, to the community, media, and various stakeholders, among other constituents.
In brief, the Communications Office:
- Proactively communicates information about the District, schools, programs, activities, initiatives, and accomplishments to various stakeholders
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of internal communications
- Handles all media inquiries, requests for publicity, and advertising
- Issues press releases and advisories, and responds to all media inquiries
- Oversees the district and school websites
- Manages the District's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube pages
- Provides a photographer for school and district events, initiatives, and programs
- Creates and publishes printed materials, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, the school activities calendar, and course description and selection guide
- Assists with the planning and coordination of special District events
- Provides support to the Preschool Parents Group and the West Chester Area Education Foundation
Are you planning an activity or special event for which you would like to have publicity? Do you know of a special program being coordinated or a recent accomplishment that you think may interest the media? If so, complete and submit the publicity request form. Requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the date of the event or activity. The WCASD’s Communications Office will follow-up with you to discuss next steps. Please note, this form is for WCASD staff only. If you are a parent or student, please contact a member of the Communications Office staff.
Manager of District Communications
Digital Communications Specialist