To reinforce the strategic plan by fostering a culture of safety and promoting school security and emergency preparedness while managing school safety perceptions.
Although it is impossible to guarantee 100% school safety, it is possible and therefore, our aim is to significantly minimize risks that harm will come to anyone in a school building due to a breach of safety or security. Minimizing risk has been a central focus in the District's comprehensive Emergency Operations Plan and the individual school's Multi-Hazard Plans, which are aligned with national emergency preparedness standards, thus allowing for a more coordinated and efficient response to a wide range of emergencies.
GOALS OF THE WCASD SAFETY DEPARTMENT
- The primary goal of the District’s Safety Department is to provide a safe and secure environment for our students and staff.
- The department provides for proactive prevention by working with school administrators and staff, to actively anticipate, recognize and appraise risks and take necessary action to remove or reduce them.
- Develop a cooperative relationship with all members of the WCASD community while affording dignity and respect to all.
- Create an environment that promotes community awareness and builds teamwork through trust, commitment, collaboration, and cooperation.
- Provide high-quality training in emergency management and crisis response.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO
- providing a safe and secure learning environment
- assisting in improving academic achievements
- proactively working to prevent incidents at schools
- assisting in improving student attendance
- implementing emergency planning and preparedness