On Monday, January 7, 2019, the West Chester Area School District held an information session called “School Board 101” for community members interested in learning more about running for school board in the municipal primary election on Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
WCASD School Board
The WCASD School Board is comprised of nine directors who serve four-year terms and are elected by region. Click here to locate your region. For the May, 2019 primary there will be five school board seats up for election as follows:
Region 1 – two vacant seats (West Chester Borough, parts of West Goshen Twp.)
Region 2 – two vacant seats (East Goshen Twp., West Whiteland Twp.)
Region 3 – one vacant seat (East Bradford Twp., Thornbury Twp. – Chester County, Thornbury Twp. – Delaware County, Westtown Twp., parts of West Goshen Twp.)
To be eligible to serve on the Board, a candidate must be at least 18 years of age prior to appointment; a resident of the school district for at least one year prior to appointment; must not have an office or position which is incompatible with the office of school director; and be of good moral character and not otherwise ineligible to the office of school director.
Chester County Voter Services Information
- Click here to view Sandra Burke’s presentation “Running for School Director”
- Click here to view 2019 Pennsylvania Elections Important Dates to Remember and 2019 Campaign Finance Report Filing Dates
- By late January, nomination petitions will be available online at http://www.chesco.org/156/Voter-Services or may be picked up at Chester County Voter Services, 601 Westtown Rd, Suite 150, West Chester, PA
- Click here for information on how to file a Statement of Financial Interests
- Questions? Contact Ms. Sandra Burke, Acting Director, Chester County Voter Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-344-6429
Pennsylvania School Boards Association (PSBA) information
- Click here to read PSBA’s guide - “How to Run for School Board – A Guide for School Board Candidates in Pennsylvania”