Important Information on Mid-Year Return to School!
- To transfer from homeschool back to your district school, please complete and submit the Homeschool Withdraw Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A homeschool evaluation is required for the education that occurred between the filing of the affidavit and the date of return to school.
- June 30th is the deadline for submitting Homeschool evaluations.
- Visit the PDE COVID-19 Home Education Program website for more information.
Reminder: August 7th is the deadline for submitting the home school affidavit, a detailed list of goals and objectives, and immunization/health form to the District Office.
The West Chester Area School District supports home education for elementary, middle, and high school students.
To begin homeschooling, you must file a notarized affidavit with your school district; file by the first day of school, or, if you are a repeat filer, by August 7. You must attach to it both:
1. Your objectives (an educational plan for that year that lists your goals for each required subject for each child.) *If a child in the home education program has been identified pursuant to the provisions of the education of the handicapped act as needing special education services, excluding those students identified as gifted or talented, then also attached is a written notification of approval from a Pennsylvania certified special education teacher, or a licensed clinical psychologist, or a certified school psychologist that this program addresses the specific needs of the student.
2. Medical and dental records. *Dental examinations are required upon original entry into school (first grade), and in grades three and seven. Medical examinations are required upon original entry into school (first grade), and in grades six and eleven. Please note if the student already has their medical and dental records on file with the district, or provide a letter of exemption.
Below are the forms needed to begin your home education program in the WCASD:
Once your home education application is complete, you can scan and email it to Linda Teodoro at email@example.com or mail it to:
WCASD-Spellman Education Center
Home Education Program
782 Springdale Drive
Exton, PA 19341
Policy 137-Home Education
Policy 137AG1-Home Education Program non-District Administrative Guidelines
Policy 137AG2-Home Education Program-Participation in District Activities Guidelines
PDE Home Education Plan