The Transportation Department is responsible for transporting 17,000 students to 16 public schools and 150 non-public and charter schools over 75 square miles each day.
Our bus service is contracted with George Krapf Jr. & Sons and On the Go Kids, Inc. Although our contracted carriers supply the drivers and buses, the West Chester Area School District generates the annual bus routes using a computerized routing software package and develops transportation policies and guidelines.
The Transportation Dept. maintains comprehensive records including daily miles driven and number of students on each bus. The PA Dept. of Education uses this information to calculate a state subsidy for a portion of our transportation costs.
Who Do I Call for a Transportation Issue?
Transportation Administration Office
Please call the administration office regarding the following:
- bus routes, bus stop locations, walking routes, differences in scheduled vs. actual ride times, bus load counts, interpretation of school district transportation policies.
- For calls regarding buses that do not show up or are late, please call the school district transportation office. We will log the problem and, if necessary, transfer your call to the Driver Supervisor Office for further resolution.
- For issues regarding student discipline, please call the Principal's Office at your child's school.
Driver Supervisor's Transportation Office*
Please call the driver supervisor's office regarding the following:
- driver skills or driver performance, missing students, lost or forgotten items, bus equipment
- For serious or unresolved issues regarding the above questions, please call the Transportation Administration Office.
- For issues regarding a missing student, parents can also call the Principal's Office at the child's school.
*George Krapf, Jr. & Sons, Inc./On the Go Kids, Inc.
How Do I Contact the Transportation Offices?
Contact Information for Transportation Administration Office
Office Hours: M-F, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Office Telephone Number: 484-266-1040 (will ring to all phones in the office)
Transportation Office Fax Number: 484-266-1181
Michele Porco, Assistant Transportation Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
April McCoy, Safety and Compliance Transportation Specialist, email@example.com
Janine Stein, Transportation Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information for Driver Supervisor's Transportation Office
Office hours: M-F, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Driver Supervisor Office Number: 610-594-2664 Ext 2375 (will ring to all phones in the office)
Driver Supervisor Fax Number: 610-431-2629
Barbara Martz, Operations Manager, Ext. 2315, email@example.com
Michelle Creekmur, Trip Coordinator, Ext. 2314
Driver Supervisors for On the Go Kids, Inc. Bus #200-299
Office Telephone Number: 610-873-7787
Office Fax Number: 610-873-8727
Laurie Micken, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy DeLong, Assistant Transportation Coordinator, email@example.com