New Immunizations Requirements
As of August 1, 2017, the Pennsylvania Department of Health strengthened school immunization requirements. These changes are intended to further ensure that students are adequately protected against potential outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases. Students who do not meet vaccine requirements within five days of the start of school will not be permitted in school until the vaccine requirements are met.
· 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
· 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
· 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella
· 3 doses of hepatitis B
· 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
· MCV and Tdap vaccine for all students in 7th through 12th grade.
· Second MCV for students entering 12th grade.
If you have questions about your child’s vaccination record, please consult your physician. Your school nurse is also available to answer any questions.